Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jealousy

You know... I've always been jealous of William Shakespeare. He is the BEST play write that has ever lived. His sonnets are just beautiful! 
One of my favorites is:
Sonnet 20

"A woman's face with nature's own hand painted...."

Shakespeare had a way with words. There are parts of this poem that just make me melt. I just hope that my husband will write things like Shakespeare's sonnets and read them to me all the time!

"Which steals men's eyes and women's souls amazeth."

It's just that William Shakespeare was a brilliant man who could turn a phrase. He knew exactly what he was talking about when he wrote is plays and his Sonnets. He was just good at what he does. I wish that I could write things that were as profound and and timeless as Shakespeare's words. 

  "...But since she prick'd thee out for women's pleasure,
   Mine be thy love and thy love's use their treasure."

Thank you William Shakespeare for leaving behind the most brilliant and inspiring writing that has ever been put to paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment