Monday, October 24, 2011

Call Her Change

The butterfly droops.
                  Call her war.
Time's head bends.
                               Call her promise.
Revolution dives.
               Call her the solution.
The world suffers.
Those speaking fondly dive into time.
They remember the world for the promises it presented.
    They're waiting for time to bend back.
Call her change.








I got this text form the book Speak. Pages 6-7. I took random words that stood out to me, and I wrote them all down on my paper. I didn't use all of them, I just used the best ones. But this is what came out. The words that I put in there are change and waiting. I don't think I need to put all of the original words.... That would take too long.

4 comments:

  1. That was really cool how you got that whole theme from a completely different one, and you made it sound so natural and made every word sound like your own :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I don't really get it, to be honest but I really like the way it sounds... "call her..." I liked that motif.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really good and i like the emotion in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so far over my head I can't even believe it. But there's something there. Some sort of substance. I can't put my finger on it though.

    "They remember the world for the promises it presented."

    This line is so deep I drowned in it.

    Good job.

    ReplyDelete