Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Life in a Short Story

Dad's been different lately. 
Really different.
But in a really good way.
I guess... He's just happier. 
I know why... It's just hard for me think that it's actually happening. 
So soon.
But is 3 years really that soon?
Some people might think it is.

You see, three years ago, my mom died.
She had cancer, and she fought hard.
She lived a whole year long than the doctors told her she would.
It doesn't feel like it was that long ago for me. 
I guess it wasn't.
That's a hard thing for anyone to go though.

The thing about Dad is... He's started to date again.
In fact, he has a girlfriend.
He has for months now.
All of us think it's weird.
Really weird.

She's nice. I guess. 
But she's not my mom. 
She won't ever be my mom.

I miss my mom.

But Dad used to mope about the house. 
He'd just shut himself in his room, and you could just tell he was miserable. 
Then he started dating.
He's happy again.
That should make me happy right?



....Right?


No comments:

Post a Comment