Sunday, December 4, 2011

I Keep Forgetting to Remember

Lately, I've been forgetting. 
The number of things my mind trails behind my head...
I keep forgetting to put my shoes on in the morning
Sometimes it's just one shoe
What does this mean?

Will I forget everything about myself?
Will I forget you?

But as I remember questions, something else leaves my brain
Taking things in takes other things out
It's almost like a light bulb as it cools down
One thing stays in my mind always
A question
A single question
Will tonight be the last time I'll see the light?

I always start to cry... And you're always there for me
You try to calm me down
You ask me questions, and I try to remember them...
And I try
And I try
And I try
And something clicks
My mind remembers
Just one 
"When will we own ourselves completely?"
That question gave me strength
It became louder and stronger in my mind, and I started to remember
Remember
...Remember...
.......Remeber
Remember what?
I keep forgetting to remember


No comments:

Post a Comment